Promoting Inclusion and Integration of Bangladeshi and Other Ethnic Minority Communities, Reducing Poverty and Improving Access to Services.
Status :- Completed – June 2018
Project Location :- London borough of Redbridge and surrounding East London areas.
(1) This project provided English Language and IT literacy training, Mental health counselling, Employment support activities ( career advice, job search help, CV preparation , confidence building , referring to employers ) for young people living in London borough of Redbridge and surrounding East London areas from the black, Asian and minority ethnic community who are experiencing the effects of isolation, mental ill health and unemployment. The project activities equipped them with increased English speaking and IT literacy skills, created pathways to employment and improved levels of wellbeing.
(2) Enrolled 32 BAME young people for the free English Language and IT literacy classes. They were facing barriers to employment, ranging from poor English language skills to cultural differences
(3) Following our job recommendation 27 of the unemployed ethnic minority young people were subsequently placed into employment including in the catering, retail and steward / security.
(4) 6 Employment and Training workshops . Our employment and training workshops provided information, strategies, techniques and practical tips to unemployed ethnic minority youth to prepare for the workforce , to understand the current labour market, to learn effective job search skills for finding and maintaining work and to improve employment prospects.
(5) The project activities helped the training participants to release from vicious cycles of self sustaining deprivation and isolation, fostering more cohesive communities across ethnic and cultural lines as economic disparity ceases to sustain hostility and resentment. In addition, as they become increasingly engaged in constructive activities – whether these are our training , paid employment – anti social behavior levels are reduced.
Project Location : London borough of Redbridge and surrounding East London boroughs.
Activities: This project provides free advice and representation by our volunteer advisors’ on the following areas benefiting people living in London borough of Redbridge and surrounding East London boroughs:
(5) Domestic Violence